The ‘Roll Up You Sleeves, MN’ Vaccine Outreach Campaign
● In early April Governor Walz launched this outreach effort to focus on connecting workers in critical industries to the resources they need to get vaccinated.
● Workers in specific industries will also be given priority at community vaccination locations depending on the outreach focus for the week.
● The campaign’s focus this week is manufacturing and that includes our food manufacturers. The campaign kicked off with employees in the food service industry.
To get their “spot” in line, manufacturing employees are being asked to register in the COVID-19 Vaccine
To keep Minnesota’s economy afloat over the past year and produce the goods Minnesotan and Americans
rely on–including PPE, Minnesota’s manufacturing companies re-tooled assembly lines and work
environments to create safer workplaces for their over 300,000 collective employees.
These companies and their employees were there for us and Governor Walz wants us to know that we are
there for them.
so that they can be prioritized for vaccines at state sites.
● This week, we are focusing on manufacturing and also continuing to vaccinate Minnesotans in the 1B Tiers 3 & 4. We are making good progress through 1B and in the coming weeks, will anticipate hosting additional events focused on vaccinating 1C essential workers.
The Progress We Have Made
● This weekend, Governor Walz announced more than 2 million Minnesotans have received at least one dose of COVID-19 Vaccine. Nearly half of Minnesota adults have received a shot.
● The rate of vaccination is increasing. The first million first doses took nearly 12 weeks to administer; the second million first doses took only 5 weeks to administer.
● We are grateful that 2 million Minnesotans have rolled up their sleeves, taken their shot, and put us on the path back to normalcy.
● The State is working tirelessly to get vaccines to all Minnesotans who need them, and if everyone gets a shot when they are able, we will put this pandemic behind us.
● Minnesota continues to be a national leader in getting vaccines into arms.
● We consistently rank in the top ten states for percent of doses administered, and people with a complete
series administered per 100,000.
How Minnesotans Can Get Their Shot:
● Register for the Vaccine Connector to get invited to make an appointment at one of the state’s COVID-19 Community Vaccination Program locations: https://mn.gov/vaccineconnector.
● Use the state’s Vaccine Finder Map to find the closest vaccine provider: https://mn.gov/covid19/vaccine/find-vaccine/locations/index.jsp.
● Contact their primary health care provider or a local pharmacy.
● Employers may also reach out with information about vaccination opportunities.
How Minnesotans Can Get a COVID-19 Test at No Cost:
● Walk in or schedule an appointment for a test at one of the state’s community testing sites across Minnesota: https://mn.gov/covid19/get-tested/testing-locations/community-testing.jsp.
● Order a test through the state’s at-home COVID-19 testing program: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/testsites/athome.html.
Protect the Progress
● COVID-19 cases, positivity rates and hospitalizations are rising and variants are spreading widely across the state. We are not out of the woods yet, and we cannot let our guard down.
● The Walz-Flanagan Administration and public health officials urge Minnesotans to remain vigilant and continue following critical safety measures of social distancing, masking, washing hands, and getting tested when needed.
● Visit mn.gov/covid19/vaccine to learn more about Minnesota's vaccine distribution.
● Visit mn.gov/covid19/testing to find a test near you.
● We can finally see the end of this pandemic. We’re going to get there together.